Wednesday, April 28, 2010

More than a Tuna Salad

Tuna is one of those ingredients I always have in my cupboard.
This salad packs loads of nutrients.



Ingredients
  • 1 can water packed tuna, drained
  • 1/2 med. Cucumber, diced
  • 1/4 cup alfalfa sprouts
  • 1/4 cup radishes, sliced
  • 1/4 cup carrots, chopped
  • 3/4 cup cabbage, chopped fine
  • 1/4 cup grape tomatoes, halved
  • 1 apple, chopped

Dressing
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • juice of 1/2 lemon

Preparation
  1. In medium mixing bowl combine all salad ingredients.
  2. Pour dressing over ingredients.
  3. Serve immediately or cover and chill.

This Tuna salad is also a perfect filling for wraps.

5 comments:

  1. It's only us girls who eat this. The boys just turn up their noses and make themselves dried toast and butter.We had it for lunch yesterday and I still have lots in the fridge. It still tastes good the second day. I halved the original recipe when I posted it and kept out the zuccini and I added a chopped apple. The apple really helped to give it a bit of sweetness. Anyway, with all the changes made to this recipe, I am sure I can now call it my own.

    I like this real well with Ezekial 4:9 wraps. The recipe originally asked for salt and pepper and I didn't at first add it. I liked it as is but then tried it with a bit of salt and pepper this afternoon and didn't like it at all. Better to leave it out anyway, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm... sounds so yummy! Thanks for posting this. I think I'll triple this and make it tomorrow for dinner.

    So thankful that Pete doesn't mind just a salad for dinner...

    hmmm...

    maybe that's why he's so skinny?

    It's just so healthy, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had this for dinner this evening with some whole wheat biscuits that Jayden and I made up and it was a hit! We all enjoyed it so much. So, thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! How is it that they all like veggies?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know! I am just so thankful that they do! There's rarely a fuss... except for the times I add fresh herbs, like dill, to my salad... then Marcus and Allan complained a bit.

    ReplyDelete