This read better be worth it!
Anyway, it starts by making the case that balancing your pH is the last breakthrough in weight loss. Goodbye fad diets. Simply alkalize your body and all what ails you will be a thing of the past.
Hear my sarcasm? But its not that bad. The sarcasm. I am willing to learn. So here's what I learned in the first chapter.
- -Because of my SAD (standard american diet) my body is too acidic.
- -Therefor I will be sick. (DUH!?!)
- -Acidic blood is the precursor of almost every disease.
- -Most of the diseases that plague me would not occur in a pH-balanced body.
- -If my blood is acidic I will show signs of age before my time. (Who's to determine that, I wonder?)
- -Cancer cells require acid to survive. So kill them by starving them of acid.
- -Eat the right foods (with all the contradictory info out there, just what is the right foods)
- -Hop into a luxurious bath with the right ingredients (now I'm listening)
- -Drink more alkaline water. (What's that?)
- -Eat more alkaline fruits and vegetables to help 'melt' off weight. (Finally, the info I am looking for.)
So, what can I do with this information from this first chapter. Nothing! They give me no concrete advice. I need to read the rest of the book to get those answers.
But I did find a bit of something to get started. As I skimmed the book I saw a little highlighted piece that tells me that if I just put fresh lemon juice into my water everyday and for every drink I be doing a lot to balance my blood. That is something I can take away from this read.
Well, I guess it's off to the grocery store for 15 plus lemons. That should do it for the next week.
Seriously though, I will try to incorporate this into my diet as it makes sense and I feel that it's something I can do with minimal effort and maximum benefit.
Bring on the lemons.
They don't have to be organic, do they?